Police identify male victim in homicide, house fire
Police have identified one of the victims of a homicide that occurred in an unincorporated community of Salt Lake County last Friday.
Unified Police identified the male victim as Ralph J. Salazar, 59. He was the owner of the home in fire the incident occurred.
Police initially responded to a house fire at 2811 E. Ksel Drive (9450 South). They discovered two deceased individuals in the master bedroom. The fire is being investigated as arson.
The second victim, a woman, has not been identified.
Unified Police said the evidence suggested the two were killed at the hands of another and that the incident was not random.
Lt. Hoyal said they police do have several suspects, but ask anyone with information or who may have seen something suspicious in the area of the home contact Unified Police at (801) 743-5915.
- Woman's auto-payments hid her death for six years
- Viral Video: Father sick of 'Let it Go'
- USDA: Recalled beef may have reached 35 states, 173 stores in Utah
- Malaysian officials: Despite media reports of crash, no confirmation, no wreckage
- Report: 2 charged after Mo. students find dead infant in cave