- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (15 oz.) can pumpkin
- 1 (14 1/2 oz.) can vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 (5 oz.) can evaporated milk or 2/3 cup canned unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 10-12 fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt (optional)
In a large saucepan up to medium heat, add oil. Saute the ginger and garlic with salt and pepper for 2-3 minutes. Add pumpkin, broth, evaporated or coconut milk, onion powder, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Ladle soup into bowls. Garnish with basil, walnuts and yogurt, if using. Serve immediately.
Sponsor: Jamba Juice