SANDY, Utah — A fire that burned through a ravine Monday afternoon came dangerously close to some Sandy homes.
It happened near Sandy’s Dimple Dell Park shortly before 4 p.m.
Cynthia Cool, who lives nearby, told FOX 13 the flames burned right up to her property line, but neighbors grabbed a garden hose and protected her yard.
“We’ve seen a fire at least every two years in the gully and it’s scary,” Cool said.
Neighbors told FOX 13 fireworks have been a problem in the past, but it isn’t clear if fireworks are to blame for Monday’s fire.