- 4 large beets, peeled, cut into bite size pieces
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar or honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 4 cups loosely packed spinach
- 1/4 cup walnuts or almonds, chopped, toasted
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
While the beets are still warm, cut each one in half and then each half into 4 to 6 wedges and place them in a large mixing bowl. As you're cutting the beets, toss them with half of the vinaigrette (warm beets absorb more vinaigrette), 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Taste for seasonings.
Place the arugula in a separate bowl and toss it with enough vinaigrette to moisten. Put the arugula on a serving platter and then arrange the beets, almonds, and goat cheese on top. Drizzle with additional vinaigrette, if desired, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and serve warm or at room temperature.