Chimney catches home on fire, Ogden resident displaced

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

OGDEN, Utah -- An Ogden resident was displaced after a home caught fire late Friday night.

Officials responded to the scene around 11:00 p.m. at 3226 South Orchard Avenue due to a chimney fire spreading through the home's attic and onto the roof.

Crews were able to put out the fire quickly and save the person inside.

Officials say he was the only one in the home at the time.

Damages are estimated to be around 30,000 dollars, according to officials.