Utah man charged in fourth case of alleged sexual abuse involving teenage boys

weston-kubbe-mugshot

SALT LAKE COUNTY, Utah — A man who was arrested after an Amber Alert and charged with kidnapping and sexual abuse has now been accused by a fourth alleged victim.

The fourth alleged victim came forward this week to accuse Weston Ray Kubbe after seeing media coverage of previous cases involving the man.

He told police that when the abuse occurred he had been led to believe Kubbe was much younger than his actual age, which at the time was 32.

Kubbe was arrested in October after an Amber Alert was issued for an 11-year-old boy, and Kubbe was charged with kidnapping and aggravated sexual abuse of a child in that case. 

In November more charges were filed after a second juvenile alleged Kubbe had given the boys illegal drugs and touched them inappropriately. 

Kubbe was also charged with two counts of forcible sodomy and one count of object rape in a third case filed in Third District Court November 21. The alleged victim in that case claims Kubbe enticed him into his home and engaged in sexual activity with him.

The victim was 14 or 15 at the time of the alleged abuse and didn’t know the suspect’s full name. It wasn’t until Kubbe was charged in the cases mentioned above that investigators were able to link the third victim’s account with a suspect.

This week, an 18-year-old man told police that when he was 14 he met Kubbe for a sexual encounter, and then again when he was 17. However, when the teen saw recent media coverage of Kubbe’s arrest he realized, “the defendant was much older than [the victim] was led to believe.”

That alleged victim contacted police, who said the details reported by the man are similar to those in the other cases against Kubbe.

The new charges filed Monday include two counts of unlawful sexual activity with a minor and two counts of unlawful sexual conduct with a 16 or 17 year old.