- 1/2 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons onion soup mix
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 cup Monterey Jack or cheddar cheese, finely shredded
- 18 large white mushroom caps, stems removed
- 1/4 cup diced tomato (optional)
- 18 dill pickle slices (optional)
1/4 cup ketchup (optional)
1/4 cup mustard (optional)
Preheat oven to 450°.
In a large bowl, mix together the beef, garlic powder, onion soup mix, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper, to taste. Form into 18 mini (quarter size) patties. In a large skillet up to medium-high heat, cook patties for 2-3 minutes on each side or until browned.
On a large baking sheet, place one of the mini patties inside each mushroom. Divide the cheese on top of each patty. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until cheese melts and mushrooms have softened. Top with a tomato slice, pickle slice, ketchup and mustard if, desired. Serve immediately.
Sponsor: Utah Beef Council