Therapist Jessie Shepard from Blue Clover Therapy shared some party conversation tips for the holidays.
- Care: Be genuinely interested in what other people are saying.
- Name use: Using someone's name in conversation triggers the pleasure center in their brain.
- Ask a lot of questions: Keep the conversation moving.
- Avoid me syndrome: Try not to talk about yourself.
- Avoid interjecting your stories: Don't try to one-up the people around you.
- Be respectful: Respect other's point of view and try to see from their perspective.
- Be positive
- Praise and Happiness
- Practice, practice, practice
- The more you do it, the less awkward it will seem.
For more tips and tricks check out blueclovertherapy.com