Veggie Lisa shows us how to make a delicious winter salad.
Roasted Brussel Sprout Winter Salad
1 lb brussell sprouts trimed
1 head romaine lettuce, cut and washed
2 cup baby kale
¼ cup blueberries
1 cup diced cucumbers
½ cup purple grapes, halved
¼ cup golden raisins or 50% less sugar cranberries
¼ cup feta cheese
¼ cup red onion, diced
1/3 cup pepitas (can toast them for extra flavor)
¼ walnuts or pecans
3 TBSP maple syrup
1 TBSP olive oil
1. Toss sprouts in olive oil. Roast in oven at 425 for 20-25 mins. Tops should be golden brown and slightly crispy
2. Glaze walnuts or pecans with maple syrup. Toast in oven at 350 for 5-7 mins. Remove when done and allow to cool.
3. Place lettuce and kale in a large serving bowl
4. Add in all the toppings, placing glazed nuts on top
2 TBSP apple cider vinegar
2 TBSP Oilve oil (can use coconut or avocado)
2 TBSP raw honey or maple syrup
½ tsp sea salt
¼ tsp ground pepper
½ cup sliced strawberries
1. Place all ingredients in blender and pulse until smooth. Add to salad just right before serving.
You can get more great ideas and recipes from Lisa here.