Bra expert Courtney Killpack decided to shine a light on those less fortunate this holiday season. She has joined Support the Girls to run a bra and feminine hygiene drive from now through the end of the year.
People can can drop off their gently used and clean bras and new feminine hygiene products to designated Support the Girls baskets at one of six locations throughout Utah.
All of the items donated will then be donated to six local women shelters in Utah to help the 6,000+ girls and women who are homeless, refugees, and victims of domestic and sexual violence in need.
The six donation locations are the following:
• Lace by Louise in Bountiful
• Recycled Design in Cedar City
• Serendipity Salon in Logan
• Baby Bump Maternity in Ogden
• Platinum Salon in Orem
• Bra Bar Boutique in Salt Lake City
All donated items will be given to the following six local shelters in Utah:
• Safe Harbor in Davis County
• Canyon Creek Women's Crisis Center in Cedar City
• Citizens Against Physical and Sexual Abuse (CAPSA) in Logan
• Your Community Connection in Ogden
• Women's & Children in Crisis Center in Utah County
• Young Women's Christian Association (YWCA) in Salt Lake City
All women have bras that no longer fit us and an extra box of tampons or pads. We can use the items we already have to make a huge difference in the lives of women and girls in need during this holiday season.
To date, Support the Girls have donated over 35,000 bras and over 135,000 menstrual products to homeless and domestic violence organizations in the US.
Follow Courtney on Instagram at @brafittingsbycourt to get daily updates on the Bra & Feminine Hygiene Drive. Go to bit.ly/SupportTheGirlsUtah to get the list of Utah donation sites, dates, and more information on how you can participate.