Family displaced after 3-alarm fire in Tooele County


TOOELE COUNTY, Utah – Multiple fire crews from Tooele County responded to a 3-alarm house fire in Stockton Saturday night.

Fire crews responded to the home near Ridgeline Road and Deer Run Drive around 10:30 p.m., and investigators said the blaze began in the home’s chimney and spread quickly to the attic.

“It was classified as a three-alarm, essentially three engines were called out, initially we had three engines that were called out along with a ladder truck,”  said Ryan Willden of the North Tooele Fire District.

Willden said multiple agencies responded due to the size of the home and the speed at which the fire grew.  As firefighters were working to extinguish the fire, parts of the roof began to come down.

“There was some sheetrock that came down,” Willden said. “There were some firefighters that were on an interior attack, and some sheetrock came down off of the joist in the home.”

No one was injured in the fire. While the home is not a total loss it did suffer “significant” damage, Willden said. The family living in the home has been displaced.