1/2 cup pecans, chopped
Pinch of cinnamon
Pinch of nutmeg
- 2 large Granny Smith, Fuji or Gala apples, cored, seeded, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 head red or green leaf lettuce, chopped
- 3 oz. goat, feta or blue cheese, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoon sugar or honey
- 1/3 cup olive oil
Salt and Pepper, to taste
Toast the pecans in a dry frying pan on low heat for 3-4 minutes or until lightly toasted. Toss the pecans with the cinnamon and nutmeg while still warm. Let cool.
In a large serving bowl, toss the apple pieces with the lemon juice. Add the lettuce, cheese and pecans. In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, mustard, sugar or honey and oil with salt and pepper. Pour desired amount of dressing over salad just before serving. Toss together.
Sponsor: Dan’s Market