- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 2 cups strawberries, trimmed, chopped
- 1 large avocado, seeded, diced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 Serrano or jalapeño pepper, seeded, diced
- 1/3 cup white onion, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- 1 tablespoon honey (optional)
- 8 small corn or flour tortillas
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
In a skillet up to medium high heat, add oil. Season chicken strips with salt and pepper. Cook for 5-7 minutes or until cooked all the way through (thermometer reaches 165 degrees.)
In a large bowl, combine strawberries, avocado, Serrano or jalapeño, onion, cilantro, lime juice, honey, if using, and salt.
To assemble, divide the chicken in the tortillas. Top each with some of the salsa. Serve immediately.
Sponsor: Dan's Market