Mary Jo McMillen, Executive Director of the Utah Support Advocates for Recovery Awareness and Brent Kelsey, Deputy Director of the Division of Substance Abuse and Mental Health shared what Recovery Awareness Month is all about.
USARA is Utah's Recovery Community Organization, and they operate a Recovery Community Center in Salt Lake County.
• Peer-delivered recovery coaching
• Peer-delivered support groups
• Peer-delivered family support groups
• Peer-delivered Sober social and training activities
• Resource connection, locally and statewide
• Peer-leadership training
• Recovery message training for peers, families, allies, and supporters.
The Division of Substance Abuse and Mental Health offers a free evaluation to the public on their website that helps determine if you are on the path of addiction. You can find it and other resources here.