Shrimp with a Basil-Mint Dipping Sauce
- 1 large bunch fresh basil
- 1/2 cup packed mint leaves
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 2 teaspoons honey or sugar
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 1 lb. large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Place the basil and the next eight ingredients (through Yogurt or sour cream) in a blender with salt and pepper. Pulse until smooth. Add additional salt and pepper, if needed. Set aside.
Preheat the grill to medium-high. In a large bowl, toss shrimp in the canola oil. Season with salt and pepper. Grill the shrimp for 1 minute on each side for cooked shrimp and 2 minutes for raw shrimp or until just cooked through. Remove from the grill.
Serve shrimp immediately with the Basil-Mint Dipping Sauce.
Sponsor: Dan’s Market