Courtney Rich shows us how to make two back to school themed recipes that will knock your socks off! You can find all of her amazing recipes here.
Peanut Butter and Jelly Bars
Yield: 15 bars
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 cup (2 sticks) cold butter
2 eggs, beaten
1 1/2 cup strawberry jam, or flavor of your choice
2 1/2 cups REESE'S Peanut Butter Chips, divided
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a 9x13" baking pan. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, and baking powder.
3. With a pastry cutter, or in your food processor, cut the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
4. Add eggs and blend well.
5. Press half the mixture onto the bottom of the prepared pan, and then spread the jam over the crust.
6. Sprinkle 1 3/4 cup of the peanut butter chips over the jam. Stir the remaining reserved crumb mixture with the remaining peanut butter chips and sprinkle over the top.
7. Bake for 30 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
Whipped Peanut Butter Frosting (recipe adapted from Annie's Eats)
1/2 cup heavy cream, chilled
3 1/4 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted, divided
1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
Pinch of coarse salt