Sausage, Pesto, Mozzarella Bites
2 tablespoons canola oil
1 lb. sausage large links
- 2 cups fresh basil, spinach or cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup pine nuts or almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 oz. mozzarella cheese, cut into 1” squares
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Brush each sausage link with oil. Whether on a grill or in a large skillet, cook sausages to desired doneness. Cut into 1” pieces.
For the pesto, combine the basil, spinach or cilantro with the nuts, oil, parmesan cheese, salt an pepper in a blender. Puree; pour in a bowl.
Thread a piece of sausage, spoon some of the pesto on the sausage, add a piece of the mozzarella. Continue until all of the sausage and mozzarella cheese is used.
Sponsor: Dan’s Market