Success coach Michelle McCullough shared her ideas on spouses and hobbies. She says it is important to have open communication about hobbies and set some ground rules.
- Don't let hobbies be a source of contention in your marriage. Talk about the time you'll spend away from the home/family and decide how to proceed in a win-win.
- Continue hobbies together - it's how your relationship started! Don't let your shared interests die.
- Allow your spouse to have hobbies outside of the relationship. If you only stay home and do things together, you don't bring anything new to the relationship and you stifle unique interests and traits.
- Try new things! If your spouse wants to try something new, be open minded. (In our house we say about food and fun, "You have to try it, but you don't have to like it.")
- Cheer your spouse on in their hobbies - even if you don't do it. Go watch a sports game their playing and husbands, compliment your wife's scrapbook pages!
To find more tips from Michelle go to speakmichelle.com