Sami and Amy from Signature Bride shared some tips to help keep your make up looking fresh in the summer heat.
- Pick a good primer.
- Don't skip on moisturizer. Moisturize morning and night, this helps control oily skin.
- TIP: Rub an Ice Cube on your face before applying foundation to close pores and cool the face.
- Try to avoid oil-based foundation and makeup. Use lighter formulas which will minimize the melting.
- Switch to a long-wearing waterproof foundation. Blend with a damp makeup sponge: When wet, the sponge will bounce over skin, depositing the perfect amount of coverage for a dewy finish. Then gently press a tissue over your face to lift off any excess oil.
- Remove all oil from eyelids so the shadow will not slide. Wipe a makeup remover over the top of your lid before your primer to create a good base.
- Stick to pale shimmery shadows that have brighter effects in the sun. Champagne, gold etc. Creamy shades have less fallout and absorb into skin.
- Layer your liner with gel first and lock it in with powder shadow over the top.
- Waterproof mascaras are the best for summer but most can feel very thick and tar like on your lashes. Instead you can use your normal everyday mascara and a water resistant topcoat over the top.
- Fight the fade and use creamy formulas when it comes to blushes. It imparts a natural glow and wont move when a powder blush is dusted over the top.
- Fill your entire lips with liner the shade closest to your lips or the color you are wanting. top with a tinted balm. Trace your lips with a concealer to prevent feathering.
For more information on Signature Brides, go here.