Chef Tony Chen from Tona Sushi joined us on the show today to help celebrate Ogden Restaurant Week happening through April 17th along with a Sauté Garlic Edamame recipe. People can get involved with ORW by visiting Tona at 210 25th St. in Ogden. For more information visit ogdenrestaurantweek.com
Sauté Garlic Edamame Garlic Edamame Sauce:
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1/8 cup mirin (cooking wine)
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon Sriracha chili sauce.
- Mix all ingredients together
Preparing the Edamame:
- Boil a pot of water, enough to cover the Edamame.
- Once the water is boiled, put in the Edamame.
- Boil for about 5-10 minutes and drain the Edamame. (Boil time can vary base on how soft you like the bean to taste.)
Sauté Garlic Edamame:
- Heat the sauté pan at high heat.
- Add in 1 tablespoon of butter or vegetable oil.
- Add in 1 teaspoon of minced garlic.
- When butter start to bubble, add in one and a half cup of Edamame.
- Add in a pinch of salt, a pinch of black pepper, a pinch of hondashi for flavor. Omit the hondashi if for vegetarian.
- Toss the Edamame.
- Add in 4 teaspoon of Garlic Edamame Sauce.
- Toss the Edamame and enjoy.
Restaurant: Tona Sushi
210 25th St, Ogden, UT 84401
- Sunday - Monday Closed
- Tuesday-Thursday 11:30AM- 2:30 PM, 5-9:30PM
- Friday-Saturday 11:30AM- 2:30 PM, 5-10PM
Recipe and menu item presented: Sauté Garlic Edamame
Presenting Chef: Tony Chen
For great Facebook and Instagram gift card giveaways follow Tona at @Ogden.Restaurant.Week