Veggie Heavy Rice Bowls (03.09.16)
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 orange or red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small zucchini, chopped
- 1 yellow squash, chopped
- 1/4 large onion, chopped, any kind
- 1 cup white mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 cup parsley or cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup unsalted peanuts or almonds
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- No Salt Seasoning and Pepper, to taste
Cook rice according to package directions. Keep warm.
In a large skillet up to medium high heat, add olive oil. Sauté the bell peppers, zucchini, squash, onion and mushrooms for 6-7 minutes or until slightly softened. Add no salt seasoning. Stir in soy sauce and sesame oil.
To assemble, divide the rice into 4 bowls. Add desired amount of veggies. Garnish each serving with cilantro, nuts and sesame seeds.
Note: If you have veggies left over, you can add to egg white, sandwiches, wraps, salads, whole grain pastas or enjoy on their own!