Cheeseburger Casserole (03.08.16)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 large onion, diced, any kind
- 1 (14.5) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 2 cups cooked pasta, any kind
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 3 green onions, chopped
Bring a stockpot or Dutch oven over medium high heat. Add ground beef, onion, salt and pepper. Cook for 4-5 minutes or until beef has browned, crumbling while cooking. Drain fat.
Stir in tomatoes, tomato sauce, ketchup, mustard and pasta. Cook over medium heat for 4-5 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in cheese. Garnish each serving with tomatoes and green onion. Serve immediately.