Shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo (12.25.15)
By Chef Vaughn Hobbs
- 1 pound dry or fresh pasta
- 1 1/2 C heavy cream
- 1 C grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 3 T butter
- 1 T chopped garlic
- Pinch – crushed red peppers
- 16 raw shrimp (peeled / deveined / NO TAIL and butterflied)
- 1/2 C reserved pasta water or White wine (optional)
Cook pasta to al-dente in boiling salted water… about 12 min.
Drain and do not rinse and coat with olive oil
Place in a fry pan and add cream and Parmesan cheese and cook until cream and cheese coat the pasta..
(note this why you don`t rinse the pasta – so the sauce will coat the pasta) also don`t overcook it will get thicker as it sets for a few minutes
In another fry pan cook the shrimp scampi by put the butter in a medium hot pan add garlic and red peppers add shrimp cook for 2 minutes until pink and opaque – deglaze the pan with the water or wine
Serve over the top of the pasta garnished with sweet basil.
Serve with garlic bread