Steak and Noodles in a Curry Peanut Sauce
- 12 oz. spaghetti noodles, uncooked
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 lb. steak strips
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, diced or grated
- 2 garlic cloves, diced or grated
- 1 cup coconut milk, light or regular
- 2 tablespoons red or green curry paste
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar or honey
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar or rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1/2 cup peanuts, chopped
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Cook pasta accordingly to package directions.
In a large frying pan or Dutch oven brought up to medium high heat, add canola oil. Cook steak strips, seasoning with salt and pepper for 3-4 minutes. Add ginger and garlic; sauté another minute. Remove ingredients; keep warm. In the same pan, unwashed and brought up to medium heat, whisk together the next 8 ingredients for the sauce (coconut milk through sesame oil). Cook, stirring often, for 2-3 minutes.
Add the steak strips back to the pan. Cook another 2-3 minutes in the sauce. Add the noodles. Cook an additional 2-3 minutes. Stir frequently. Serve immediately garnished with cilantro and peanuts.