Game Day Recipe: Vegetarian Chili (09.03.15)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 bunch of green onion chopped
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 bunch of cilantro chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 (28 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes, cut up
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1?4 cup fresh cilantro, minced
- 1?4 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
In lg pot, sauté, onion, peppers and garlic in oil until tender.
Stir in all remaining ingredients.
Bring to a boil.
Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally