Steak Parmigiana (07.21.15)
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 (4 ounce) beef cube steaks
- 2 cups marinara sauce, jarred or homemade
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
Season the beef cube steaks with salt and pepper to your tastes. Whisk eggs and water in a shallow bowl and spread bread crumbs on a plate. Dip steaks into egg, then into bread crumbs, completely coating both sides.
Heat olive oil in skillet over high heat. Cook steaks 2-3 minutes per side until done over a medium high heat. Reduce heat to medium, top steaks with marinara sauce and cheeses. Cover with lid and cook until sauce bubbles and cheeses melt. Serve immediately.
Sponsor: Utah Beef Council