Extension cords to blame for North Salt Lake welding shop fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

NORTH SALT LAKE, Utah - Fire crews said extension cords are to blame for a fire that caused $80,000 in damage at a North Salt Lake Welding shop.

South Davis Metro Fire said an "inappropriate use of extension cords" sparked the fire that shut down Redwood Rd. between Center St. and I-215 Monday morning.

Authorities said they arrived at about 5:30 a.m. to find a lot of smoke coming from a business near 170 S. Redwood Rd.

No one was in the building when the fire stared, no injuries were reported.

Commercial fire at 170 S. Redwood Rd.