The Utah Department of Transportation is warning drivers of deteriorating road conditions after the recent storms and more are on the way.
SALT LAKE COUNTY
I-80 westbound is back open at exit 136 in Lambs Canyon after an auto-pedestrian accident.
Officials said a UDOT incident management member was hit.
The driver has serious injuries, the UDOT worker has slight injuries.
SR-143 is closed at Brian Head due to road weather. Chains/4x4 are required.
IRON / GARFIELD COUNTIES
Motorists traveling on State Route 20 must have chains or 4-wheel drive.
IRON / KANE COUNTIES
State Route 14 is closed to semi-trucks.
WYOMING STATE LINE
I-80 is closed eastbound at the Wyoming state line.
US-191 Chains are required for Semis.
For Northern Utah
This last wave of precipitation will push southwards and end early Tuesday evening with impacts to the southern-central half of Utah. Patchy ice will remain a concern overnight Tuesday into Wednesday morning for all routes. The following routes will be impacted through the forecast period:
· I-15, Wasatch Front
· I-80, mile post 77 through Salt Lake City, to the Wyoming border; Parleys’ Summit
· I-84, through Weber Canyon to Echo Junction
· I-215, Salt Lake City
· US-40, entire route; Mayflower & Daniel’s Summits
· US-89, Sardine & Logan Summits; along Wasatch Front
· US-189, Provo Canyon
· Cottonwood Canyons (SR-190 & SR-210)
For Central/Southern Utah
Another round of snow will push southwards and affect portions of I-15, as well as the adjacent mountain routes, Tuesday afternoon through the evening. Brief periods of road slush under heavy snow showers may impact lower routes, otherwise roads should stay wet. Patchy ice will remain a concern overnight into Wednesday morning. The following routes will be impacted through the forecast period:
· I-15, Nephi to Cedar City, mainly over the summits
· I-70, I-15 junction to Fremont Junction, especially Clear Creek and Ivie Creek Summits
· US-191, Indian Canyon Summit
· US-6, Soldier Summit
· US-89, Thistle to Long Valley Junction
· All Southern Mountain Routes