Utah man recovering after apartment fire burns hands, head; unit is total loss

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

PROVO, Utah – Authorities are investigating an apartment fire near 8th W. and 300 S. in Provo that has displaced two families.

One person was sent to the hospital for burns on his hands and head.

Officials have not released his name or condition at this time.

Crews were called to the apartment complex at about 11 p.m. Tuesday where they found flames shooting out of the windows.

The flames were contained to one unit and damage to other units was minimal thanks to the construction of the walls.

The burned apartment is a total loss and a unit below has water damage.

Two other units have smoke damage.

Officials have not confirmed what sparked the blaze.