Artichoke and Olive Crostinis (01.26.15)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 small baguette, ½”slices
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, softened, room temperature
- 1 6½ oz. jar marinated artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1/2 cup black or green olives, sliced
- 2 oz. parmesan, grated
- 2 tablespoons basil, torn or chopped
- Pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Brush the oil on each baguette slice. Place on a baking sheet. Bake for 4–5 minutes.
While the crostini slices are still hot, rub bread with garlic. Spread a thin layer of cream cheese on each slice. Top each piece with some of the artichoke hearts, olives, parmesan cheese, basil and pepper. Drizzle with some of the marinated oil from the artichoke jar.
Sponsor: Dan’s Market