Unattended candle cause of Stansbury Park home fire, officials say

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Raw Video:


STANSBURY PARK, Utah -- A Stansbury Park home is a total loss after it caught fire Tuesday morning.

According to a Tooele dispatcher, the house at 205 Lakeview caught fire around 9:18 a.m. A man, woman  and a dog living at the home were able to escape safely.

North Tooele Fire tweeted the cause of the blaze was an unattended candle in the master closet. The candle ignited clothing and the flames then spread to the attic.

Police told FOX 13 they had to stop the man from re-entering the home to save some personal items.

Fire officials from North Tooele County Fire District and other agencies responded to the scene.

Residents of nearby homes were evacuated as a precaution.

An early estimate places the damage at about $300,000.

Watch FOX 13 News and fox13now.com for updates as they become available.

Photos:


STANSBURY PARK, Utah -- A Stansbury Park home caught fire Tuesday morning.

3 comments

  • Holly

    This was my house. I’ve been reading many of your comments, and to those of you sending your prayers, I am so grateful. My husband, dog, as well as our two children (4 and 2 yr old) are safe, and holding each other tightly. Our community has reached out to us in ways I will never be able to repay……as far as how the fire was started, we are not entirely sure…..but the cherished possessions lost today are nothing compared to the joy we have, that we are able to hold each other close, and be thankful that we are together. I’m so appreciative for the first responders…..they were relentless, and though they were not able to save our home, they gave it everything they had. We are humbled….we are heartbroken, and we are blessed. We are so incredibly lucky to have those of you that have shared this tragedy with us, and held us up during this horrible time. Thank you….truly.

Comments are closed.