Greek Burgers with Ricotta Aioli (10.07.14)
- 2 ounces ricotta
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2/3 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup olives, diced, any kind
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained, and squeezed dry
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 sandwich buns, any kind
- 1 red onion, sliced
To prepare aioli, combine first 4 ingredients in a food processor with salt and pepper, to taste; pulse 1 minute or until smooth. Cover and chill.
Prepare grease grill or broiler.
Combine the beef and the next 7 ingredients (beef through crushed garlic) in a large bowl. Divide the beef mixture into 4 equal portions, shaping each portion into a thick patty. Place patties on grill rack or broiler pan; cook for 5-6 minutes on each side or until desired doneness. Spread 1 1/2 tablespoons aioli over top half of each bun. Place patties on bottom halves of buns, and top each with 1 onion slice and top half of bun.
Sponsor: Utah’s Own- Honeyville Farms