Fire officials say neighbor’s actions saved dog during 2-alarm fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

MAGNA, Utah – Crews acted quickly to extinguish a two-alarm fire that broke out in a Magna home Sunday, and firefighters said a neighbor responded quickly and saved an animal from the blaze.

The fire started at the back of a home located at 3780 South and 8070 West, and personnel from the Unified Fire Authority were able to put out the flames with minimal damage to the home.

The family was not at home at the time of the fire, which officials said started in the back of the home and then spread to the attic above the garage.

Chris Atkin is a paramedic specialist with UFA, and he said a neighbor’s quick actions helped keep an animal safe.

“One of the neighbors noticed it, kind of tried to put the fire out from the outside, actually saved one of the dogs, and in the process he actually got a lungfull of smoke,” Atkin said.

That man was treated on the scene for minor smoke inhalation and did not need to be taken to a hospital. There were no other injuries reported.

1 Comment

Comments are closed.