Investigators working to find what sparked fire at Baron Woolen Mills in Brigham City

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

BRIGHAM CITY, Utah – Investigators are working to determine what sparked a fire inside an abandoned building overnight.

It took several agencies to put out the flames at the old Baron Woolen Mills building at about 9 p.m.

The fire was eventually contained inside but the damage is extensive.

The Baron Woolen Mills building in Brigham City was built by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in 1870 and opperated privately for another 100 years.

FOX 13 News viewers submitted several photos from the scene in the gallery above.

1 Comment

  • JoeSmith

    You should find the person who took the photos and shoot them. They are an embarassment. The fact you post them should have you hanging your heads in shame.
    As for the fire – check the owner. He has never followed through with his grandiose plans for the place, sold off the historic machinery and left the buildings to rot and be an attractive nuisance for the kids in the area. Want to bet now he will be developing the land into housing or condominiums?
    Hope the EPA gets involved as more than a Century of dumping chemicals into the ground has left it with many toxic substances.

Comments are closed.