Philly Cheesesteaks (04.22.14)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 lb. chipped steak (very thin-sliced eye of round, rib eye, or sirloin tip roast cut into 1-inch slices)
- 8 Provolone cheese slices
- 4 (8-inch long) Italian loaves, hoagie rolls or French baguettes
- 4 dill pickle slices (optional)
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Preheat over to 400 degrees F.
In a large frying pan over medium to high heat, add oil. Add onions, mushrooms, peppers, salt and pepper. Cook for 4-5 minutes until slightly softened. Season steak slices with salt and pepper; cook for approximately 3 minutes or until meat is lightly browned.
Fill the hoagies with the cooked meat and veggie mixture. Lay cheese slices over meat until melted. Bake for 3-4 minutes until cheese melts. Slice sandwiches. Serve immediately with dill pickle spears.
Sponsor: UT Beef Council