- 1 avocado, peeled
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons finely chopped tomato, divided
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh onion, divided
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice, divided
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon minced seeded jalapeño pepper
- 2 cups chicken breast, skinless, shredded
- 1 can no salt added black beans, rinsed
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- No Salt Seasoning, to taste
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
Place avocado in a small bowl; mash with a fork. Stir in 2 tablespoons tomato, 1 tablespoon onion, 1 tablespoon juice, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and garlic.
Combine remaining 1 cup tomato, 2 tablespoons onion, 1 tablespoon lime juice, 1/4 teaspoon salt, cilantro, and jalapeño; toss well. Combine chicken, beans, remaining 1 tablespoon juice, and paprika; toss well to combine.
Lay the tortillas on a baking sheet. Brush each side with oil. Cook for 10 minutes until crisp. Spread 1 tablespoon guacamole over each tostada shell; top each with ¼ cup chicken and bean mixture and 2 tablespoons salsa. Serve immediately.
Sponsor: Intermountain Medical Center Heart Institute