- 4 cups water
- 1 pound asparagus, ends trimmed, cut into 1” pieces
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar or honey
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Bring water to a boil in a large saucepan. Drop in the asparagus. Boil 2-3 minutes. Have a large bowl of cold water with ice ready. Drain the asparagus. Place in the cold water for 1-2 minutes. Drain.
In a large bowl, mix the soy sauce, sesame oil, sugar or honey and garlic. Add the olive oil, salt and pepper; mix well. Add the asparagus; toss together. Sprinkle sesame seeds and Parmesan cheese over the top.
Sponsor: Dan's Market