Real Salt Lake announces new head coach
SALT LAKE CITY — Real Salt Lake announced Wednesday they have named Jeff Cassar as their new head coach.
According to a press release from Real Salt Lake, Cassar is the third head coach in the team’s history, and he has been with the team since May 2007, when he was hired as the side’s goalkeeper coach.
Cassar will be formally introduced as head coach at a press conference at Rio Tinto Stadium Thursday.
Real Salt Lake owner Dell Loy Hansen said in the press release Cassar will be a strong leader.
“We’re very excited for Jeff to become the third head coach in Real Salt Lake history,” Hansen said in the press release. “Jeff’s been a crucial member of the RSL Family since 2007. His terrific leadership abilities, strong character and understanding of our locker room, tactics and overarching club culture will allow us to continue to compete for trophies in 2014 and beyond.”
RSL’s previous head coach, Jason Kreis, announced earlier this month he was leaving the team to coach New York City FC.
- Police: Utah woman gave birth to, killed 6 infants in 10-year span
- Photos: 'Blood Moon' Lunar Eclipse (April 2014)
- Boyfriend, neighbors speak about woman accused of killing six newborns
- VIDEO: Simon Cowell apologizes to 79-year-old dancing dynamo
- Pedestrian hit, killed by FrontRunner train, police say