Video: Sandy Hook victim’s mother shares emotional message: “Evil did not win”

Posted on: 9:54 pm, December 6, 2013, by

The mother of a 6-year-old girl killed in the shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School, Emilie Parker, created this heart breaking and inspiring video shortly before the anniversary of the tragedy.

Emilie and her family lived in Ogden, Utah for a time, and this summer the Ogden Raptors honored her memory.

Alissa Parker spoke to FOX 13 News about the video, see the video above for more details or click here.

34 comments

• :’( God bless you and your family. You have a beautiful angel watching over you every day. I could never image the world with out my kids. RIP beautiful angel. Love always.

• Caitlyn says:

You are SO strong! May God continue to pour out his love to you and your family! What an inspiration to us all!

• jennifer.lucia07@gmail.com says:

What a strength this Family and Mother are to us. May God continue to Bless you and the other Families affected by this Tragedy. Let Evil not win. What an inspiration.

• Barbara Kivet says:

Tried to e-mail the family. very moved by this video. I lost a son 10 years ago, Spencer William Kivet. My name is Barbara Kivet. Go to my Facebook page… I remember Mr. Parker speaking that night of his daughter.. So sorry for you loss, for all the people that had loved ones Killed in this meaningless tragedy…..

• Alexandra says:

I watched this on mute because I’m on a college campus and it took all my strength not to cry in front of everyone.

• Linda says:

as you carry on Emily lives through each of you! she gave a message before she left and we hear it loud and clear – from the angel that was to good for our earth

• Thank you for sharing his beautifully poignant and powerful video. Emilie was an amazing and lovely little spirit and she will live on in all of our hearts and memories. God’s love and abiding grace to your family.

• Nick Sforza says:

Jesus said, ” There is no death the Son of God is Free” Great inspiring video, carry on !

• Maureen Starr says:

Thank you for sharing this powerful and touching video. Evil did not win. Just watching the video and listening to your commentary touched my heart as it has touched so many people who have viewed it. I am sitting here watching the snow and the video has given me a sense of peace. Emilie is an angel watching over her family. God bless you all for your goodness. May Emilie rest in peace.
    A grandmother!

• Karen Anzalone says:

God bless you and your family.

• Thank You for showing us that love is stronger than evil. My heart breaks with the burden You and so many families carry. Gods little angels watch over you and yours.

• Lauren mcIntosh says:

My thoughts and prayers are sincere for your family. Emilie is a beautiful angel sent to you from God. Although your time together was short, the memories you share of her, with her, and for her are of a healing nature in itself. You and your husband were so very strong during that horrific time as your husband spoke so eloquently about your beautiful daughter. May you find peace and continued happiness through Emilie’s memory. God bless you.

• elisabethehmann@yahoo.com says:

Thank you, Emilie, for making the hard choice to be a witness to the grace, healing power, and forgiveness of Jesus. It was wonderful to be able to share this on facebook with my many friends throughout the world who do not know God in this way.

• Scott says:

We all wonder about things like this. Why God allows them to happen. I found this to be really helpful, please watch. http://www.jw.org/en/video-why-study-the-bible/

• Cindy says:

Your little angel is smiling…..

• Christina says:

This was beautiful <3

• Kim says:

The tears are flowing… But I would like to thank you for sharing this beautiful and inspiring video of a beautiful angel that blessed your families lives and you allowed us to be a part of that blessing… May God Bless you and your family….

• katie page says:

I am speechless, the tears flowed at the first word. All the Sandyhook families are amazing. Your children live on through you. You have inspired me. As a fourth grade teacher, I cannot even imagine. I pledge to have each one of my students do 26 acts of kindness in your names. Your children live on in kindness! THANK YOU!!!!

• Stephanie Michelle says:

God bless you!
    No words can express what I feel, but for lack of better words, I am thankful for your testimony. May God use your strength to empower others.

• Laura Richard says:

Wow! What a message these parents are sharing not only with their local communities but with the world, because that is what Emile would want.
    God Bless each and everyone if you.

• Jim Clark says:

As I was watching Newtown Victims Mother God spoke to me, so clearly it was if he was in the room with me. He said “little Children shall lead the way back to me. These little one’s are fine. There here with me right now, just as U are there right now. The difference is they are surrounded by total love where U are is the place where U have FREE WILL to chose. Where they are is where all there is , is LOVE !!! Yes, LITTLE CHILDREN SHALL LEAD THE WAY !!! Love the one’s your with just as U are doing. I have the one’s who left in the palm of my LOVING hand & they are just fine ❤💜💚💙💗😍

• Lori says:

oh my GOD this was so beautiful and heart wrenching at the same time. Tears are flowing as I type this. Thank you for this beautiful inspirational message in the name of your precious daughter Emilie. God bless her soul and may she rest in peace knowing her legacy lives on and will touch millions of lives.

• Jackie says:

I lost my husband five months ago and I don’t know how to get though it .I hope to have the strength that you have .They are still with us and watching over us

• shanza says:

GOD BLESS U.. emilie is surely watching over u.. and God loves those who are patient… u are a very strong mother.. may u have loads of happiness and may God keep u a strong mother.. emilie is in our prayers :)

• Tracy says:

I couldn’t stop crying. thank you for sharing this powerful video. Last year when I saw photo’s of all the little innocent faces, Emilie’s stood out for me, as I have 3 blond granddaughter’s that are the same ages as Emilie and her sisters. I remember watching someone talk about how after Columbine, that everyone knew the shooters name, but no one remembered the victims names. I decided then and there that I would not remember Evil, I chose instead to remember the children’s names and the brave teachers . I pray for Emilie and her family every day, and I stand firm in not remembering Evil’s name. God Bless you and your family.

• Sue says:

Your video was so brave. I felt the power of God as I watched. May Gods grace continue to lift you and your family up.
    Blessings to you and yours. Sue

• sondra blake says:

God bless you and your family and may he continue to do so. I know she must be up there smiling down on you. This is so touching and beautiful.

• Sheila Ferreri says:

Beautiful Emilie and beautiful family! God Bless you and thank you for your inspiring spirit and faith.

• Ken says:

I don’t have words to describe my emotions after watching this story about your beautiful little girl and family. You and your family have to be very strong to be able to do this and I think your story about Emilie and your experience can show people a lot of amazing and positive things in everyday life, after something so Evil. May God bless you, your family and your little Angel and may you know she is watching over you, your husband, and your little girls every day. Thanks so much for sharing this inspiring story. You all will be in our thoughts and prayers.

• Susan Campbell says:

Blessings, Blessings, Blessings, over and over and over.

• Shirley says:

I watched your video and my heart goes out to you and your family.I cannot imagine the pain you have suffered.I know Emilie is with you every day smiling.May God bless your family.Hold on to what you have close.You are an inspiration .I will keep Emilie on my prayers.Love to your family

• Amy says:

Thank you for sharing your video and continuing to be the good this world needs!

• Rosie says:

So touching. It is comforting to witness through this powerful video light-bursting good emerging from pain-filled trial. Evil truly did not win here. God bless you.

• Marcy Bazylevich says:

Sending all the families of Sandy Hook my thoughts and prayers on this most painful anniversary. May you find some peace in knowing that your beautiful children are wrapped with love in the arms of The Lord. I wish I could take your pain away. God bless each and everyone of you.

Comments are closed.

coolschool_80x80
Nominate Your Cool School

Big Budah visits a Cool School each week!