2 juveniles found dead in South Jordan home
SOUTH JORDAN, Utah – Police are investigating after two teen boys were found dead in a South Jordan home Friday.
Sgt. Sam Winkler of the South Jordan Police Department said an individual flagged down a passing police car at about 4:30 p.m. and claimed there had been a shooting near 4781 W. Pine Canyon Lane.
Officials entered the home in question and found two deceased individuals in the basement of the home, according to a press release from the South Jordan Police Department. The victims were white males aged 12 and 15, and their names have not been released.
“We arrived and we observed the two deceased individuals and we locked down the house as a crime scene,” Winkler said.
Winkler said three juveniles are being questioned by police in connection with the incident. Winkler said the three are not suspects at this time. Winkler said they are treating the incident as a murder investigation, and he said they are not searching for any outstanding suspects as of Friday night. Police said earlier they believed whatever happened in the home was contained in the home.
FOX 13 News will have more information as it becomes available.
- Woman's auto-payments hid her death for six years
- Viral Video: Father sick of 'Let it Go'
- USDA: Recalled beef may have reached 35 states, 173 stores in Utah
- Malaysian officials: Despite media reports of crash, no confirmation, no wreckage
- Report: 2 charged after Mo. students find dead infant in cave