- 2 tablespoons tahini (sesame-seed paste)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin, no sugar added
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin or sunflower seeds (optional)
- 6 (6-inch) whole wheat pitas, each cut into 8 wedges
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- No Salt Seasoning and Black Pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 425°.
Place tahini and next 7 ingredients (through parsley) in a food processor with no-salt seasoning and pepper; process until smooth. Spoon hummus into a serving bowl; sprinkle with pumpkin or sunflower seeds, if desired.
Place pita wedges on baking sheets; coat with cooking spray. Bake at for 6 minutes or until toasted. In a small bowl combine the cinnamon and the sugar. Sprinkle half of the pita wedges with the mixture as soon as removed from the oven.
Serve hummus with pita wedges.