“Glee” star Cory Monteith’s death due to heroin, alcohol ruled accidental
(CNN) — Actor Cory Monteith’s death has been ruled an accident by the British Columbia Coroners Service, the office announced Wednesday.
Monteith, 31, was best known for his role as Finn Hudson on TV’s “Glee.” He was found dead in his Vancouver hotel room on July 13, 2013.
Coroner Claire Thompson concluded that Monteith “died of mixed drug toxicity, involving intravenous heroin use combined with the ingestion of alcohol,” the news release said. The report also confirmed that Monteith had a history of drug use and rehabilitation attempts.
™ & © 2013 Cable News Network, Inc., a Time Warner Company. All rights reserved.