Massive crowds set several records at 2013 Salt Lake Comic Con
SALT LAKE CITY – Between 70,000 and 80,000 people attended the 2013 Salt Lake Comic Con Saturday, and officials said those numbers mean several records were broken.
According to a statement from Comic Con officials, the crowds on Saturday officially make Salt Lake Comic Con the largest first-year Comic Con in the nation.
The statement also said the Governor’s Office reports that the convention was the largest convention of any kind in the state of Utah.
Event organizers said the massive crowds, combined with last-minute guest additions like Stan Lee, created some glitches, but they said they plan to make next year’s event “better in every way.”
- Woman's auto-payments hid her death for six years
- Viral Video: Father sick of 'Let it Go'
- USDA: Recalled beef may have reached 35 states, 173 stores in Utah
- Malaysian officials: Despite media reports of crash, no confirmation, no wreckage
- Report: 2 charged after Mo. students find dead infant in cave