Grass fire in Farmington contained
FARMINGTON — Hot and dry weather contributed to the spread of a grass fire in Farmington overnight.
The fire was first reported shortly before midnight and spread to approximately five acres.
Investigators believe the fire was caused by a power transformer that exploded.
Wayne Hansen, Farmington City Police Chief, said firefighting crews from multiple agencies responded to the scene and attacked the fire from three sides.
The fire was mostly contained within two hours. No structures were threatened.
- Video: Jazz Bear gets revenge on fan who poured beer over his head
- Utah ranked worst state for drinking
- Convicted murderer Martin MacNeill attempts suicide in jail
- Video: Sandy Hook victim's mother shares emotional message: "Evil did not win"
- Nearly all of Utah under winter storm warning or winter weather advisory