Video: Dozens injured in Simi Valley fireworks accident
SIMI VALLEY, California — An accidental detonation during a 4th of July fireworks show in southern California has injured at least 28 people.
The blast happened as thousands gathered for the fireworks show at a park in Simi Valley.
Investigators say many of those hurt were hit by flying debris just two minutes into the show.
Medics rushed the most seriously injured to the hospital.
Fire crews contacted the Ventura County Bomb Squad to try and determine how to handle the unexploded fireworks.
- Video: Jazz Bear gets revenge on fan who poured beer over his head
- Video: Sandy Hook victim's mother shares emotional message: "Evil did not win"
- Traffic moving again after hundreds were stuck in Virgin River Gorge
- Video: Hilarious compilation of dogs too terrified to pass cats
- Teen dies after medical emergency on flight