’50 Shades’ movie gets a release date
(CNN) — We still don’t know who will play Christian Grey and Anastasia Steele, but Universal’s putting “Fifty Shades of Grey” down on the calendar anyway.
The studio announced Thursday that the “global release” of the eagerly anticipated adaptation of E.L. James’ novel will kick off in North America on August 1, 2014.
Sam Taylor-Johnson’s been tapped to direct the project, which will have a script written by Kelly Marcel.
With “Fifty Shades” just being the entry point to James’ trilogy, which details the increasingly explicit relationship between 27-year-old billionaire Grey and naive college student Steele, Marcel’s hinted in the past that her script won’t be PG fare.
“It will be rated NC-17,” Marcel told Entertainment Weekly earlier this year. “It will be raunchy.”
At the time, though, Universal wasn’t exactly on the same page, telling EW that the film still didn’t have a ratings designation.
™ & © 2013 Cable News Network, Inc., a Time Warner Company. All rights reserved.
- Video: Jazz Bear gets revenge on fan who poured beer over his head
- Washington woman unknowingly live-tweets husband's death
- Utah Supreme Court considers overturning child killer's conviction
- University of Utah resolves natural gas issue
- Shocking new gun control ad released around Newtown anniversary