Swallow responds to creation of investigative committee
SALT LAKE CITY – Utah Attorney General John Swallow said Utah House Republicans made the right call during caucus on Wednesday when they appointed a special committee to investigate the allegations against him.
Swallow spoke to the media after the announcement, and he said he looks forward to answering the committee’s questions. Swallow said the investigation is an opportunity to get “real” information to the public.
“I know what I have done and I haven’t done,” he said. “I know that the allegations are coming from very incredible sources, yet it’s on the front page every single day. It sounds an awful lot like a witch hunt to me, and when the truth comes out people are going to know that the person they elected as Attorney General is the right man for the job.”
- Video: Jazz Bear gets revenge on fan who poured beer over his head
- Washington woman unknowingly live-tweets husband's death
- Utah Supreme Court considers overturning child killer's conviction
- University of Utah resolves natural gas issue
- Shocking new gun control ad released around Newtown anniversary