Three acre fire in Magna extinguished
MAGNA — Firefighters extinguished a field fire that burned about three acres near a Magna cemetery Tuesday morning.
The fire started around 2:30 in the area of 3500 S 9000 W, 100 yards east of the Pleasant Green Cemetery.
Three engines from the Unified Fire Authority and one engine from the West Valley City Fire Department responded and set up a perimeter around the blaze.
The flames were reportedly four to five feet high.
The fire was contained and extinguished in about two hours. Firefighters believe the fire was human-caused, but the exact cause remains under investigation.
Experts offer safety tips as wildfire season approaches
- Video: Sandy Hook victim's mother shares emotional message: "Evil did not win"
- Traffic moving again after hundreds were stuck in Virgin River Gorge
- Video: Jazz Bear gets revenge on fan who poured beer over his head
- Charges against Aron Ralston, amputee hiker depicted in film '127 Hours', dismissed
- Video: Hilarious compilation of dogs too terrified to pass cats