7-year-old killed in ATV accident in Tooele Co.
TOOELE COUNTY, Utah – A 7-year-old girl was killed in an all-terrain vehicle accident Sunday in Middle Canyon.
Wade Matthews, public information officer with Tooele County, said the accident happened at 4:14 p.m.
Miranda Anderson was riding on the ATV on a seat in front of the driver, Chad Tharp, when it went off the right side of the road. A tree branch punctured Miranda’s neck, ultimately leading to her death.
Miranda’s father was following them on a motorcycle. He took Miranda on the motorcycle and drove back down the canyon to meet with emergency responders.
Officials with the Tooele County Sheriff’s Office took a blood sample from Tharp to determine if there were any drugs or alcohol in his system at the time of the crash.
- Police: Utah woman gave birth to, killed 6 infants in 10-year span
- 'Blood moon' will be a sight to behold during Tuesday's total lunar eclipse
- Police: Woman admits to strangling or suffocating six newborn babies
- Boyfriend, neighbors speak about woman accused of killing six newborns
- Photos: 'Blood Moon' Lunar Eclipse (April 2014)