Police identify victims in Duchesne County explosion
DUCHESNE COUNTY, Utah – One person is dead and another hospitalized after an explosion at a Duchesne County well site.
The Uintah County Sheriff’s Office says there were reports of an explosion at a well site operated by Newfield Production, located about 3 miles south of Myton, at around 8:30 p.m.
According to investigators, work was being done on a tank at a well site when the explosion occurred.
Three people were at the site when the explosion occurred. Tyson Boren, 28, of Neola, was killed. Rusty Harris, 32, was transported to a nearby hospital with unknown injuries. A third man, a water truck driver, was uninjured.
Boren worked for Boren Construction and was a contract welder for Newfield Production. Harris is an employee of Newfield.
The investigation into the explosion is ongoing. The sheriff’s department, state fire marshal and OSHA will conduct the investigation.
- Video: Sandy Hook victim's mother shares emotional message: "Evil did not win"
- Video: Hilarious compilation of dogs too terrified to pass cats
- Charges against Aron Ralston, amputee hiker depicted in film '127 Hours', dismissed
- Video: Jazz Bear gets revenge on fan who poured beer over his head
- Man pulls prank on friend to teach him a lesson about drunk driving